The 3 pillars of Cell Manipulation by Eppendorf
Any two leaves from a forest are not the same. Therefore, it is fascinating to note that no two cells are the same, even when they are from a genetically identical group. This heterogeneity at the single-cell level has been instrumental to the development of precision medicine.
In a cell bases system, the research analyzes the biology of a genetic variation that equips them with the tools for drug screening and, in some cases, for the creation of replacement cells and organs. With the advancement of research technology in the 21st century, protocols exist now for the creation and genetic manipulation of such cells. They are employed in human and animal-assisted reproductive technology and several areas of cell research.
Eppendorf has proven expertise in cell manipulation for 30 years and, therefore ideally suited to address a wide range of experimental questions in the field of life sciences. The new generation of cell manipulation instruments exemplifies Eppendorf’s ambition to live up to the highest standards of precision and performance.
Precise and fast sample processing is one of the critical elements for successful cell manipulation. The user-friendly TransferMan 4r possesses an ergonomic and innovative design to meet the most demanding micromanipulation requirements. Intelligent features like better-automated home and position storage make even the most sophisticated micromanipulation techniques simple and quick to execute. The DualSpeedTM joystick enables precise and intuitive movement in all three dimensions and dynamic movement for extended distances. It’s perfect for manipulating oocytes and early embryos,
transferring stem cells and microparticles, and a variety of other nonhuman reproductive biology applications. With four pre-defined application masks to pick from, application-specific user profiles simplify the unique workflow process (e.g., for cell transfer, DNA injection, etc.). as the “My app” I freely programmable, it can be customized as per your research requirements.
- Unique DualSpeed™ Joystick for precise and instantaneous movement control
- Maximum stability ensures vibration-free work
- One Joystick for all 3 axes (X, Y, Z) movements and in the axial direction (X/Z)
- Angle adjustment from 0° to 90°
- One-hand operation for capillary and angle settings
- Programmable Z-axis limit for preventing capillary breakage
- Connection with Eppendorf PiezoXpert® and electronic microinjectors FemtoJet® 4i/4x
- It can be adapted to all conventional microscopes
- PC interface for remote control
If you are looking for minimal lesion hole size for high cell survival rates in DNA/RNA, protein or fluorescent dye microinjection experiment or a speedy method for serial adherent cell injections to ~20-30 cells/min. This device allows for quick semi-automatic injection when used in conjunction with the FemtoJet 4i or 4x. It’s also an excellent micromanipulator for any application that requires a dynamic movement mode and direct injection control via the joystick button. The axial injection movement (X/Z direction) helps to minimize mechanical stress to the adherent cells upon injection. High penetration speed makes injection into rigid structures easier than ever. The new user interface with four pre-defined application masks facilitates the individual workflow process (e.g., for adherent cell injection, serial microinjection into fish larvae, etc.). The freely programmable “My app” mask can be optimized as per individual research requirements as well.
- Semi-automatic microinjection into adherent cells
- Serial microinjection into fish larvae, frog eggs, insect embryos, etc.
- Injection into living plant cells, C. elegans and other roundworms and flatworms
- Automatic dispensing of cell suspensions or solutions
- Stable, drift-free positioning, e.g., for electrophysiology techniques
Many cells require additional assistance for successful microinjection. Piezo–assisted injection methods such as Piezo-ICSI can significantly increase productivity and enhance yields for a variety of micromanipulation applications. Piezo impulses support the perforation of the cell membrane and are directly delivered to the capillary without loss of intensity. Transfer of embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells into blastocysts and morulae, injection into mammalian oocytes and zygotes (e.g., Piezo-ICSI), and enucleation/nuclear transfer are only a few of the applications that Piezo-assisted micromanipulation enhances. It is a perfect system with Eppendorf micromanipulators; however, it also easily integrates into the other brand micromanipulators.
- Fast and straightforward sample processing due to intuitive operation
- Reproducible parameter setting
- Program keys to save your experimental parameters
- Trigger impulses with ergonomic foot control or rotary knobs right on the device
- Optical feedback of triggered impulses
- Additional “Clean” function for simple removal of contamination on the outside of the capillary
Combining these three intuitive devices and interfaces provides your micromanipulation process with unprecedented movement control. These methods are essential for applications such as the generation of genetically modified organisms, injection into adherent cells, and the study of embryos and small organisms in the early stages of development.
To learn more about cell manipulation and its application, visit our stand C01 at PrecisionMed Expo on 24 – 25th May.
You can register yourself at https://leaderlifesciences.com/events/precision-med-exhibition-and-conference/.
Alternatively, you can also leave your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.